Business Lead, Billing
Drive Stripe Growth
Stripe Billing comprises a set of tools to build and scale a recurring business. Everyone knows that recurring revenue is the best kind of revenue - and companies of every stage all over the world are scrambling to build businesses that can boast a rapidly growing ARR.
Stripe Billing serves fast growing technically inclined companies by providing rock solid scalable infrastructure, comprehensible building blocks for developing an integration and UI tools that make usage by non-technical users easy.
As the Business Lead on Billing, you will lead a large team of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and adjacent functions. You will be holistically responsible for Billing’s success globally coordinating roadmap and go-to-market.
- Hire and develop product, engineering, operations, and go-to-market team leads and individual contributors.
- Develop and manage the processes necessary to allow the team to operate effectively.
- Drive sales and product discussions with our most important users and partners to ensure that Billing achieves its near and long-term business targets.
- Work with our users, financial and strategic partners, and other stakeholders at Stripe to develop the Billing product. This will involve navigating a diverse terrain of customer needs managing a great deal of technical complexity while remaining uncompromising on product quality.
- Set long-term strategy for the Billing business and product.
You might be a fit if:
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build and scale them.
- You’ve managed a large and rapidly growing teams at a scaled technology company.
- You’re adept at recruiting, managing, and mentoring high performing individuals.
- You have strong business instinct and the ability to identify attractive expansion opportunities for Billing.
- You have empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems. You’re able to win users’ hearts by clearly illustrating the value that Stripe Billing can unlock for them.
- You don’t shy away from complexity and are excited to solve extremely hairy compliance, technical and user experience problems.
- You flourish with minimal guidance, are proactive, and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments.
- Led an engineering and/or product management team
- Taken a new product to market
- 10+ years of experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience building API based products
- Experience in payments or financial technology
- Experience working closely or leading enterprise sales teams
Please included the following with your application:
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.