Business Finance & Strategy Leader
We’re looking for a leader to head an elite team driving strategy, planning, and analysis at Stripe!
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an insightful and analytical leader to manage the financial and strategic partners to Stripe’s largest teams. This individual will also pioneer Finance leadership in Seattle, and will be expected to successfully stand-up the culture, partnership, and operations for that office.
- Lead and manage Stripe’s Business Finance & Strategy team
- Be a culture carrier and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully stand-up our team’s presence in Seattle, which is a new office for Finance & Strategy
- Architect strategic and financial planning process for your team and their business partners (e.g., Business Reviews, Goals, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- Bring strategic leadership to large, cross-company operational initiatives
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with leaders across Stripe, so as to shape executive decision-making
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate planning, business finance, strategy, or related fields
- Business partnership experience, which includes influencing executive decision-making, stewarding sound business judgement and execution, and championing a team-oriented, cross-functional mindset
- Demonstrated success as a leader and people manager, which includes exceptional stakeholder management skills
- A keen analytical eye, and extensive experience building integrated models from scratch.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Work experience within the technology industry and/or within a high-growth setting
- MBA, Master’s degree, or professional qualification in a relevant field
- Oracle, Anaplan, or other equivalent application experience
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
You should include these in your application:
- LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.