Business Development, Strategic Accounts
Change Stripe’s product trajectory through partnership
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Stripe is live in 34 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe.
We are looking for someone to develop strategy and execute on high-impact initiatives to change the trajectory of Stripe and how Stripe users grow their businesses. Potential partners could include Amazon, Microsoft, Shopify, Apple, Google, Facebook and Salesforce. This individual will also build internal business cases, lead cross-functional execution and alignment, and negotiate with partners to realize these initiatives. Each of these efforts will fit into a multi-year global strategic plan with each of our partners.
- Leverage your expertise working with large technology companies and general acumen to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies with key partners, with the goal of creating more value for Stripe’s users and Stripe
- Collaborate with strategic partner managers on developing compelling multi-year engagement strategy with each named partner, reflecting a thoughtful strategy for partnering to: add value to Stripe users and Stripe, provide a clear value proposition for partners, and create a scalable plan for growing the partnership impact year over year
- Navigate, in partnership with strategic partner managers, named partners in order to obtain buy-in and execute deals in accordance with the strategy
- Help ensure, throughout the deal process, that a proper execution plan is in place, coordinating between Stripe and partner teams
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal stakeholders (including product, engineering, sales, and compliance) on creation and execution of partner programs
- Help find the right stakeholders within each partner organization that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, execute deals that address those needs, and support Stripe’s long term strategy
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10+ years of experience working in externally facing roles with 5+ years of business development (ideally in the technology space)
- Broad and deep experience executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models with technology companies
- Strong negotiation skills
- A strong knowledge of the intricacies of navigating technology organizations
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.