Business Development, New Financial Products
Develop and execute sustainable product and partnership strategies across the financial industry and around the globe
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally.
We’re looking for someone to join the Partnerships team to support Stripe’s financial products and emerging businesses. To date these include Stripe Issuing, Capital, and Corporate Card. You will be embedded on one or more of Stripe’s new product teams to support their partnership needs.
- Leverage industry knowledge, payments expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies with goal of creating more value for Stripe’s users and Stripe
- Execute in-year goals and have clear multi-year plan that aligns with Stripe’s strategy
- Navigate, in partnership with partner managers, banks and fintech companies to execute deals that will support Stripe’s financial products
- Identify and execute product partnerships to increase the value proposition and differentiation of Stripe’s financial products
- Manage deal teams and contracting processes for negotiations
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) on creation and execution of partner programs
- Help find the right counterparty stakeholders that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, and execute deals that address those needs and support our issuer strategy
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders (including engineering, product, risk, compliance, and finance) to build an understanding of what technical solutions are possible between Stripe and our issuing partners and to advance those solutions with issuers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 8+ years of experience, including working with banks and fintech companies
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills and ambitious on what we should try to do with our partners and how Stripe creates value and differentiation
- A strong background in either directly negotiating product deals
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.