Business Development Lead, Banking
Develop and execute sustainable product and partnership strategies across the financial industry and around the globe
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global card payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally. Stripe supports 32 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the world.
We’re looking for someone to join the Banking team to build out a new program to strengthen our engagement with large strategic credit card issuers and manage and grow the issuer relationships.
- Leverage industry knowledge, payments expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies with banks and issuers, to create more value for Stripe’s users and Stripe
- Set clear vision for business development team and lead team to achieve that vision
- Navigate, in partnership with partner managers, banks and issuers to execute deals supporting that strategy and help ensure proper execution plan in place
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) on creation and execution of these strategies
- Help find the right stakeholders that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, and execute deals that address those needs and support our issuer strategy
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders (including engineering, product, risk, compliance, and finance) to build an understanding of what technical solutions are possible between Stripe and our issuing partners and to advance those solutions with issuers
- Leverage significant industry experience to help our internal teams compose our holistic issuers strategy and to advance that strategy with issuers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 12+ years of experience working at or with banks, issuers, or payments companies
- A proven track record of developing and leading high-performing business development teams in product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills and ambitious on what we should try to do with our partners and how Stripe creates value and differentiation
- Strong knowledge of the intricacies of the issuer ecosystem and connected parties such as issuer processors, fraud products, etc
- A strong background in either directly negotiating or partnering on product deals
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.