Business Development Lead, Business Product
Develop and execute product and partnership strategies
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Stripe is live in 34 markets today, and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe.
We’re looking for a leader for the Business Product team within the Partnerships organization. The Business Product team builds partnerships to make essential business functions operate seamlessly with Stripe, including tax, accounting, CRM, payroll and customer service. Through these integrations, these business functions become more powerful and enable Stripe users to run and grow their businesses more effectively.
- Set a clear long term vision for the Business Product team and lead the team to achieve that vision
- Identify and prioritize business functions (and optimal partners) where partnership would create the highest impact for Stripe’s users and Stripe.
For these partnerships, you will:
- Drive cross functional collaboration with internal stakeholders (including multiple product teams, engineering and sales) on creation and execution of these strategies
- Help find the right partner stakeholders that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, and execute deals that address those needs and support our strategy
- Help ensure that proper execution plans are in place to realize impact
- Leverage enterprise, business software and B2B expertise and general acumen to craft thoughtful partnership and product engagement and execution
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10+ years of experience working at or with technology companies (particularly in the business software space)
- At least 3 years building and managing high-performing teams
- A proven track record of developing and leading high-performing business development teams in product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies -Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to mentor others on how to be effective in negotiations
- High aptitude and significant experience in complex negotiations, including technology product deals
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.