Business Development, EMEA Payment Partnerships
The Payment Partnerships team at Stripe leverages industry knowledge, payments expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies with a variety of payment method partners to launch new or optimize existing products for Stripe users. This team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe, and the products used by millions of our users.
We’re looking for someone to join our team to identify new payment partnership opportunities to expand and grow Stripe’s products, define our payment partnerships strategy in the region, as well as manage existing strategic partners. You will build the multi-year strategic plan that underpins these efforts and guides Stripe’s investment in these partnerships. We’re looking for someone who can build deep relationships with partners and work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Risk, Financial Crimes, Marketing, and Sales teams to launch new products and services.
- Develop and drive the partnership strategy for Stripe’s payment method partners to align with product and business goals
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for Stripe, ultimately making recommendations to relevant decision makers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Manage the relationship with regional or global partners including defining the overall partner management strategy and influencing outcomes
We’re looking for someone with:
- Expertise in payments, financial services and / or local payment methods
- 10+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, strategic project management, product management or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models with payment partners
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to independently drive complex negotiations to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.