Business Analyst, Products & Markets
Come build the tools, systems, and programs required to expand Stripe’s global footprint while preventing the use of Stripe for financial crimes!
We are looking for an aspiring regulatory professional to join our Financial Crimes team based in Seattle or San Francisco. Joining our Products & Markets Team, you’ll partner with our Market Expansion, Merchant Intelligence, and other Financial Crimes teams in expansion initiatives. You will project manage a variety of Financial Crimes initiatives ranging from the implementation of our KYC Program to the design and maintenance of the tools required for analysts to prevent and investigate financial crimes. You’ll also work with Stripe product teams to ensure that Stripe expands its business in compliance with financial partner and regulatory obligations around the world.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection of an emerging sector, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems, introducing technically driven solutions while moving with urgency and focus.
- Manage end-to-end projects to design improvements to existing tools for analysts on the Financial Crimes team to investigate and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illegal activity.
- Work with other Financial Crimes team members to translate regulatory requirements into digestible project scoping documents for review and implementation by our engineering, product, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Embed with product teams at Stripe to represent Financial Crimes interests as Stripe’s global business expands.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders, including product teams, Legal, and internal engineering functions.
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- End to end project management experience: The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional and/or technically complex nature.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary.
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate and work for the user in the spirit of those restrictions.
Nice to haves:
- CAMS or equivalent certification.
- FinTech, compliance, or regulatory experience.
- Experience working with engineering and/or technical teams. SQL skills.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.