We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) Design team in San Francisco.
Design at Stripe
The Design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and digital products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
Brand designers bring well-crafted narratives to life across several channels and touchpoints. Whether it’s digital, print, environmental, or film, we’re looking for story-oriented, detail-obsessed folks who can think strategically about their work and produce creative projects that express our core values, with consistency and elegance.
Brand designers at Stripe demonstrate a passion for great design and the ability to define and document a flexible design systems to achieve consistency for the brand at scale. They must have a highly refined design aesthetic and ability to work within the Stripe brand. This person should have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate the rationale behind their work.
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Stripe brand
- Communicate the value and functionality of Stripe in design, icons, typography, color, and illustration
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the Communication and Brand design team
- Strategize and design for high-profile in product marketing campaigns and presentations
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for a product area and work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Work cross-functionally to define, design and deliver templates and collateral for our marketing, sales, and support teams
- Work with regional partner teams to improve our visual design quality in local markets
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Able to and interested in working with and expanding Stripe’s visual design language
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion, but also skilled in multiple disciplines across design
- Are a systems-thinker and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of asset implementation standards on iOS, Android, and Web
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Passion for Stripe’s mission and dedication to a user-first mindset
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.