Partner Manager Lead, Banking
Develop and execute sustainable product and partnership strategies across the financial industry and around the globe
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global card payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally. Stripe is live in 25 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe.
We’re looking for someone to help develop and lead part of our small, but quickly growing Banking team. This person will manage a team focused on building and scaling partnerships with large, strategic banks. Leveraging our partnerships and industry relationships, this person will advocate for innovation and support Stripe’s go to market efforts as well as strive to be thought leaders in the financial ecosystem.
- Lead a team that manages the most critical banking and issuer partnerships, with a focus on driving execution of joint initiatives and helping to launch and manage new offerings to benefit Stripe users and Stripe
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner management rooted in KPIs and alignment with partners on joint initiatives
- Develop and grow partner management team, while also directly owning senior relationships with partners
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies with banks and issuers, partnering with business development and various stakeholders (including risk, product, engineering, compliance, legal, and treasury)
- Navigate, in partnership with BD, banks and issuers to execute deals supporting that strategy the business development strategy
- Ensure proper execution plan in place to operationalize deals with partners
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) on creation and execution of partner strategy
- Ensure the team finds the right stakeholders that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, and execute deals that address those needs and support our issuer strategy
- Leverage significant industry experience to help our internal teams compose our holistic issuers strategy and to advance that strategy with issuers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 12+ years of partnerships and business development experience working with financial institutions; at least 8 years building and managing high-performing teams; and at least 4 years of payments experience
- A proven track record of leading high-performing partnership teams in a product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills and ambitious on what we should try to do with our partners and how Stripe creates value and differentiation
- Broad and complex first-in-kind deals experience with top financial institutions, interfacing with C-Level executives
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal through to success, far beyond signing, leading teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures
- Strong decision making skills, able to prioritize and guide teams through competing demands and complex problems
- An ability to represent Stripe and our brand excellently
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.