Backend Engineer, Product and Partner Platform
Backend Engineer, Product and Partner Platform
Stripe is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, and we’re scaling in every dimension: users, revenue, people, technology, processes, and more. Product and Partner Platform is the team enabling Stripe’s expansion of products and growth of users; our team is responsible for developer, partner and end user experience across Stripe.
Product and Partner Platform builds the systems that support Stripe’s API, Dashboard, Design Systems, Developer Tooling, Documentation, Tooling, Partner Onboarding, and more. Like Stripe, we’re scaling in every dimension, and we are adding product and engineering roles across all of our teams. But more importantly than just scaling, our team is responsible for being the taste makers of Stripe’s developer and user experiences. We’re looking for people passionate about distilling complexity across a breadth of problems, and while it’s often written as a cliche, we mean it when we say we’re out to lead the industry with what we do.
Backend Engineers at Stripe build the infrastructure that powers Stripe’s API and systems. You’ll work on one of the industry’s most important code bases, and be working on some of our most cross-cutting systems that powers an ever increasing amount of the internet’s GDP. We’re always looking for great engineers that are passionate about the intersection of hard distributed systems problems and real world business problems.
- Build software services and platforms that will impact every Stripe user, whether they’re an end user, developer, or partner
- Ensure our platforms are reliable, scalable, secure and extensible
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against
- Help drive sound technical decision making and lead technical conversations with other teams across Stripe
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of backend engineering experience building services using one or more programming languages such as C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Python or Go
- Understand how to build scalable, resilient, and observable distributed systems
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
Projects you may work on:
- Building the future of the Stripe API and scaling our API Gateway infrastructure
- Rethinking Stripe Metadata to support increasingly complex integrations
- Rebuilding Stripe’s Dashboard runtime into a service oriented architecture
- Building Stripe’s documentation platform (we build this like a product!)
- Improving our CI/CD systems to automate end to end and integration tests
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.