Backend Engineer, Metadata
Drive a brand new business line for Stripe
Stripe aims to increase the GDP of the internet. Over the next several years we’ll serve increasingly diverse businesses with a broad suite of products. It’s critical that throughout this growth we provide our users with the right tools to manage their businesses.
Metadata Services is a new team that will build extensibility features for Stripe’s platform through data, workflow, and UI capabilities. These new features enable our developer users to build customized solutions to get the most value from Stripe. You will help drive this work from inception to production, providing significant user impact.
The team is uniquely positioned to work on a brand new product while leveraging significant existing scale and interesting technical challenges. The team’s projects cut across many stakeholders and business lines and will help power the future direction and extensibility of Stripe’s products.
As a Backend Engineer for Metadata, you will:
- Solve product problems and build delightful API and developer experiences for our users
- Turn ambiguous problems that our users are facing into concrete products, from proposal, to kick-off, to building, and launch
- Build software services and platforms that will impact every Stripe user, whether they’re an end user, developer, or partner
- Ensure our platforms are reliable, scalable, secure and extensible
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against
- Help drive sound technical decision making and lead technical conversations with other teams across Stripe
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of industry experience building high quality code and infrastructure
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- A passion for API design and amazing developer experiences
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other Stripe product teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- A desire to work closely with developers who depend on your libraries to deliver customer value
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.