Backend Engineer, Financial Engineering
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re passionate about solving business problems and making direct impact on customers, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain large-scale services, data pipelines, tooling and systems for the Finance team led by Stripe’s CFO. Make direct business impact in some of Stripe’s most mission critical business domains including Accounting, Finance & Strategy, Treasury, and Business Operations.
- Build watertight controls across pipelines to ensure super high accuracy for all financial transactions (hundreds of billions of dollars). Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely financial reporting delivered to a single source-of-truth financial data warehouse
- Work in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have delivered production systems of big scale
- Are interested in solving business problems for Stripe’s Finance team.
We are looking for a variety of engineers including big-data engineers, full-stack engineers and front-end engineers. So the following skills would be nice to have:
Experiences with big-data technologies such as Spark, Presto, Kafka, and Flink, and OLAP Or frontend/backend experiences with building user facing tooling and products
Note that It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. If you are a solid engineer and eager to work on financial related platforms/products, we are eager to talk to you.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.