Backend / API Engineer, User Authentication
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses, and we believe security should not be one of those hurdles. By building foundational security frameworks and services that enable Stripe products to be secure by default, the User Authentication team aims to make security invisible to users and empower them to do more on Stripe with peace of mind.
As an engineer on the User Authentication team, you’ll be critical in providing the core authentication and authorization services and frameworks that Stripe product engineers leverage consistently across the organization. By abstracting away complexity and enforcing security guarantees, you will enable developers to iterate quickly and focus on building while ensuring no compromises on security are made.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with a strong background or interest in security and building well-designed abstractions. You should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and adept at communicating and working cross-functionally.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end
- Build new services and frameworks for Stripe product teams
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product, application security, and infrastructure
- Have opportunities to develop and leverage your security expertise on the job
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale
Nice to haves:
- Enjoys solving problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Takes delight in crafting great, easy-to-use security abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- Reasons clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Finds improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.