Backend / API Engineer, Privacy Products
The Privacy Products team builds APIs, Customer Experiences, and Services to make it easy for Stripe Merchants to manage Stripe data in ways that align with their privacy guidelines and regulatory requirements.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Stripe, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Ruby, with some - Scala and Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
You might work on:
- Enhance permissions and access controls for the Stripe dashboard
- Build a new API for our users, or iterate on existing APIs
- Build tools to allow users to find organize and manage their customer’s data.
- Enhance Stripe’s secure file transfer tooling
- Build out new sections of the Stripe Dashboard to help users run their business
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.