Backend / API Engineer, Onboarding
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression”, and in our mission to increase the GDP of the internet, the cross-functional Onboarding team is responsible for that first impression. We deftly lead our users through the process of signing up on Stripe, and make sure they are connected with exactly the right products, while adapting to their business model, needs, and risk profile. We ruthlessly minimize friction and obsess about creating delightful experiences, while ensuring we safely operate on behalf of our users in the financial ecosystem.
- Build infrastructure that powers Stripe’s onboarding experience and will need to scale with our user and product growth
- Create tooling and interfaces that allows teams across Stripe to easily define their specific onboarding and compliance requirements
- Rigorously measure outcomes that drive bottom line impact to Stripe’s business
- Work across the company with product, policy, and global teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Have at least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Ruby, with some Scala and Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.