Backend / API Engineer, Admin Platform
Build the platform that powers internal tools at Stripe
Stripe Admin is an internal platform which is relied upon by Stripe employees globally for every part of their job: from talking with our users to launching a new feature. Admin is an integral part of how we move quickly in service of our users.
We believe Stripe employees deserve best-in-class tools and treat our fellow Stripes as power users. We make it easy for engineers at Stripe to quickly build high-quality, and secure-by-default internal tools using the same high standards that power external products like our Dashboard.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with a strong interest in building secure-by-default and ergonomic developer libraries and frameworks. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in building developer platforms, a passion for solving developer experience problems, and a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Own solutions from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from success metrics, to the ergonomics of individual API’s.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Uphold Stripe’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have at least five years of professional software development experience
- Understand how to build scalable, resilient, and observable distributed systems
- Take delight in crafting ergonomic and secure-by-default developer abstractions
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.