Banking & Financial Product Compliance
Stripe’s Banking and Financial Products group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack. Right now this includes Capital, Corporate Card, Issuing, Atlas, and Treasury - and there’s more on the way.
Banking and Financial Products Compliance serves as a key risk management function that partners with our product teams to bring products to market safely and responsibly. In addition to managing the compliance program, policies, and tools required to support our product offerings, B&FP Compliance provides our business, product, and operations counterparts with strategic risk and controls advice. In this role you’ll work closely with Stripe’s compliance, product, engineering, and legal teams to ensure that Stripe’s financial products, compliance programs, and related infrastructure comply with financial partner and regulatory obligations.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will thrive while working at the intersection of an emerging sector and a traditional industry, seek creative solutions to traditional problems, and enable the business responsibly while moving with urgency and focus.
- Work closely with cross-functional risk and product teams to bring Stripe products to market in a way that meets all relevant regulatory compliance obligations
- Manage key product, AML, and regulatory compliance initiatives, including compliance program development, process/control builds, and risk observability projects
- Interface with Stripe’s financial partners with respect to compliance obligations and provide ad hoc reporting on the status of Stripe’s programs as required
- Support the compliance function in defining and achieving departmental initiatives, maintaining relevant policies and procedures, developing documentation solutions, and liaising with auditors
- Contribute to building a strong culture of compliance across Stripe’s teams
- 3-5 years of experience working in compliance advisory role, ideally in a financial technology company or in a management consulting capacity
- Familiarity working with lending, prepaid, and/or consumer programs, financial products, and related regulations (e.g., BSA/AML, fair lending laws / ECOA, UDAP, SCRA, conduct risk, complaints handling, money transmission rules)
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions
- Experience evaluating emerging products for compliance risk, working with the product and business stakeholders to implement creative solutions to tough compliance requirements, and conducting compliance reviews of new products and marketing materials
- The ability to effectively communicate across various lines of business and senior management
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of when to escalate urgent issues
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional and/or technically complex nature
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate and drive the industry forward
Nice to haves:
- Financial Crimes compliance, operational, regulatory, management consulting, or legal experience CRCM or equivalent certification
- SQL and/or Excel skills To apply: Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.