APAC Tax Specialist
APAC Tax Specialist
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Our tax team works with Stripes across the company to develop an efficient tax structure, as our international business scales and expands into new markets. We are looking for a well-rounded tax professional to support our APAC tax operations.
This function will support the APAC taxation of our regional activities. You will help support and develop compliance processes, assist with tax controversy matters, and any planning efforts impacting our operations in APAC. You will work for a rapidly growing company in a fast paced environment, while collaborating with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in Singapore and report to the APAC Tax Lead.
- Support our APAC operations and establish and implement tax priorities with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- Monitor international tax developments and manage the associated compliance and reporting obligations for Stripe.
- Collaborate with the Singapore accounting team on income tax and indirect tax compliance, as well as any other tax filing and compliance aspects.
- Support the tax calculations and documentation, as well as tax controversy matters with tax authorities in the region.
- Collaborate with the local treasury team on our flow of funds.
- Work with the APAC engineering teams on implementation of tax requirements in the region.
We are looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of relevant tax experience with strong knowledge of tax laws in the APAC region, in particular South East Asia and India.
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) / legal firm and/or industry experience.
- A proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- A strong technical tax background that enables you to develop and implement tax strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changes in tax laws, as well as changes in our services.
- Empathy, humility, and some comedy. ## It would be nice if you have:
- An advanced degree or professional qualification in tax, accounting, or law
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment.
- Industry experience at a multinational organization; experience working in technology, payments, or financial services is a plus.
- A willingness to work with a diverse crew of individuals who care deeply about Stripe’s tax issues and each other. “Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
To apply please include the following:
- LinkedIn profile and resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.