Stripe is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its world class accounting team. We are responsible for all aspects of the financial, statutory, and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls, and business support. We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. In this role, you will partner with members of our global Accounting team, as well as our Legal, Tax, Internal Systems, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth in payment processing accounting.
- Own the monthly close process for related financial statement line items, including month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables.
- Manage multiple individuals within Accounting, lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with senior management.
- Partner with Finance to support budget to actual variance analysis.
- Partner with Risk Operations to identify, monitor, and mitigate transactional risks.
- Partner with Internal Systems, Treasury engineering, Disputes engineering, Tax and Legal teams to support internal financial systems and automation.
- Assist with technical accounting analysis, including the preparation of accounting memos.
- Participate in coordinating the planning and execution of annual consolidated audits, as well as statutory audits with external auditors.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8-10+ years of relevant public accounting and/or private industry experience, with a degree in Accounting (CPA strongly preferred).
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems.
- Strong analytical skills (including handling large data sets) and ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives. -Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos.
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
Nice to have(s):
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.