Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create business models, and scale their efforts globally. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We’re growing exponentially, but the opportunity in front of us is still vast.
In order to capitalize on that opportunity we need to balance investing aggressively and operating with financial discipline. Finance is the strategic engine that drives rigorous decision making and acts as the financial stewards of Stripe’s businesses - and we’d like your help.
Stripe is seeking an Accounting leader to join its world class Accounting team. We are responsible for supporting the fast growing, dynamic all aspects of the financial, statutory, and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls, and business support. We’re looking for an Accounting Lead to join our growing Business Accounting team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. In this role, you will partner with members of our global Accounting team, as well as our Internal Systems, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth in payment processing accounting
- Manage multiple individuals within Business Accounting, lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with senior management
- Partner with Finance & Strategy to support existing products and services and build new accounting processes for new products and services
- Own the financial statements - monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables
- Partner with Internal Systems, Treasury engineering, Disputes engineering, Tax and Legal teams to support internal financial systems and automation
- Assist with technical accounting analysis, including the preparation of accounting memos
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 15 years of relevant public accounting and/or private industry experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
You might also have:
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.