Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
What you’ll do
- * Perform month end accounting processes to support rapid global growth
- Work in three main pillars of accounting like: Month end accounting and analysis, audit and financial reporting
- Perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including manual journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations including bank account recons, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and support in annual statutory audits.
- In addition to month end activities, potential to perform other ad-hoc activities and take up new tasks.
- Monitor cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
- Partner with different internal teams to ensure proper cash management
- Be responsible for performing transactional based work and streamlining processes
- Be a self starter and seek to standardize and centralize tasks
- Own problems not just processes or projects - we want our specialists to own the full problem space and do what it takes to solve them
- Partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and improve controllership processes and to anticipate changing business requirements
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- * An accountancy qualification (e.g ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance background
- Proven experience in the monthly close process, journal preparation and posting, audit and exposure to accounting systems.
- Experience in month end reporting and financial statement preparation
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel.
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- A passion for creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and with different cultures
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- * Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or payments industry