As an account manager at Stripe, you’ll be responsible for making Stripe’s top users successful, and for using customer feedback to drive improvements in our product. You’re a natural people person who isn’t afraid to get scrappy to solve customer issues; you’re excited to become an expert in the high-growth technology businesses that rely on Stripe; you’re an energised and organised self-starter; you’re highly analytical and have a track record for improving the processes and organisations around you.
If you’re hungry, persistent, and an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Build long-term relationships with your executive and operational contacts, and deeply understand their strategy and goals
- Develop account plans and strategies to retain and increase revenue and market share within existing accounts
- Manage contract renewal terms and lead commercial negotiations with our users Solve complex user needs, helping our users grow their businesses
- Work closely with multiple internal functions (e.g. product, sales, risk and operations) to improve our product and service
- Make users love Stripe by proactively offering advice on industry best practices and creative product solutions
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our operations
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Analytical ability to manage complex reporting, pricing and cost considerations
- Ability to develop and execute account plans for companies spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Ability to operate in an often ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Sophisticated commercial sense and understanding of underlying drivers and strategy of our user’s businesses
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.