Account Manager, Enterprise
Grow Stripe’s existing business.
In this role you’ll manage relationships with a small number of our largest UK users. You will determine our strategy within key accounts and manage upsell and renewal opportunities with them. This will involve working closely with senior executives at these companies engaging in both commercial and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You are also the user’s internal advocate and you are responsible for understanding their unique needs, driving adoption of Stripe products, and working across internal product teams to help build the next generation of user-focused payment tools in line with your users’ needs.
We’re looking for a natural relationship builder who can effectively manage both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions and negotiations focused around driving revenue for both our users and Stripe.
- Build long-term relationships with your executive and operational contacts at upper mid-market and enterprise companies. Deeply understand their strategy and goals
- Build account plans and strategies to retain and increase revenue and market share within existing accounts
- Lead proactive discovery conversations to uncover new opportunities
- Manage contract renewal terms and lead commercial negotiations with our clients
- Work closely with other internal teams (e.g. product, sales, risk and operations) to solve complex user needs and help improve our product and service
- Make users love Stripe by proactively offering advice on industry best practices and creative product solutions
- Contribute to team projects that will further shape and refine our sales and account management process
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing, revenue generating role
- The ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- The analytical ability to manage complex reporting, pricing and cost considerations
- The ability to develop and execute account plans for upper mid-market and enterprise companies spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- The motivation and flexibility to work well in a high-growth environment where things change quickly
- A sophisticated commercial sense and understanding of underlying drivers and strategy of our user’s businesses
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.