Account Executive, Startup Platform, DACH
You are a salesperson capable of selling the high-level vision and value of a product, and comfortable leading technical conversations at multiple levels of the organisation, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You have experience working with startups or small/medium businesses. You have an understanding of the buyer journey and can lead short, single stakeholder deals as well as complex multi-party sales in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. Finally, you’ll develop scalable strategies and repeatable processes that enable us to amplify the number of new SaaS platforms joining Stripe, and creating upsell opportunities with existing SaaS platforms.
- Identify and engage with high-potential prospective and existing SaaS Platforms, building long term, strategic relationships with them
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for startup SaaS Platforms and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage cross-functionally with teams such as Product, Marketing and User Operations teams to support the growth of SaaS platforms on Stripe.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2 - 6 years of experience directly selling a technology product or service, with a record of top performance
- Ability to understand the Stripe API, and in particular the value of Stripe Connect, and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to understand complex requirements and craft custom solutions
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities including comfort with basic modeling
- Strong presentation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in startups and technology
- Fastidious approach to CRM hygiene and experience utilizing thorough sales forecasting metrics on a weekly/quarterly basis and communicating them in a succinct manner
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company, preferably at an API-first company
- Prior experience in the payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.