Account Executive, Platforms
The Platform Sales team works with the most innovative software platforms in the world to help them facilitate payments and financial services for their customers. Platforms like Shopify, Lightspeed, and Mindbody leverage Stripe’s financial infrastructure to create new lines of revenue by adding payments and financial services to their software.
You are a highly consultative and solutions oriented salesperson, capable of engaging in commercial and technical conversations at multiple levels of prospect organizations, ranging from CEOs, CTOs, and CFOs to Product Managers and Heads of Payments. You are able to gain the confidence of multiple stakeholders, understand the problems they are trying to solve, and determine how Stripe’s solutions can help them exceed their objectives.
You enjoy working cross-functionally within a complex organization like Stripe and have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable. You are eager to prospect to find new opportunities and adept at qualifying inbound leads. You are capable of moving a sales process forward from inception to close by leading a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner, understanding the prospect’s strategy and how Stripe can be a critical component of their success. Excellence in prospecting, solution selling, negotiating, and closing are key attributes to winning deals in this role.
Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets. If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close, engaging with multiple stakeholder personas ranging from highly-technical functions to CEOs
- Manage a named account list and develop account plans for winning and expanding business
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Work with leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) and prospective users to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to improve our sales process
We’re looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of experience directly selling a technology product or service, with a record of top performance
- A positive attitude and tireless work ethic when encountering blockers to success, whether external or internal
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Fastidious approach to CRM hygiene and experience utilizing thorough sales forecasting metrics on a weekly/quarterly basis and communicating them in a succinct manner
- Proven ability to lead sales cycles that include complex organizations + technical problems, with bespoke commercial agreements
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and understanding of existing and developing payments technologies
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.