Systems Infrastructure Services Engineer
Drive Stripe's growth.
We’re looking for an infrastructure lead to help us setup and maintain AWS servers for Internal Systems. The ideal candidate will have passion to build and continuously evolve the AWS environment for business systems to make it secure and scalable. As part of this team, you will work closely with multiple teams to gather requirements, perform feasibility studies, and build the ecosystem to support a diverse and growing set of business applications. You will be playing a key role in implementing best practices for security and maintainability.
- Lead design and deployment of systems infrastructure for installing secure, highly available 3rd party software at scale
- Deploy infrastructure stack, network, compute, storage, and virtualization for 3rd party tools
- Work cross-functionally to understand the requirements for architecting infrastructure according to scale and volume of data
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure
- Establish best practices for security, monitoring, migration and expansion of business systems infrastructure
- Coach and guide a global team to support infrastructure for highly available applications
You might be a fit if:
- 4+ years experience in designing, building and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Hands-on experience on EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, IAM, Security groups, ELB, auto scaling, deployment and migration of environments
- Experience in debugging issues, identifying faults and enhancing logging of software
- Experience in IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity
- Knowledge of Terraform, Puppet and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience writing code in multiple scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc
- A proactive and flexible approach to a changing business environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- CS background or affinities
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in the payments space
- Experience in consulting or finance
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.