Innovation in the Time of Patent Trolls
Of all the tech topics being tossed around by policymakers and innovators alike, patent reform is one of the hottest. Patent trolls are threatening and suing startups at a growing pace, but an end seems to be in sight.
The House just passed a great troll-killing bill, and the White House is on board. The Patent Office is starting to fix itself up, and the Supreme Court is tackling some big questions this term.
What does all this mean for you as an engineer, an entrepreneur, a lawyer, and a user?
Come learn about today's patent problem over food, drink, and a short panel discussion with the following folks:
- Daniel Nazer, EFF Staff Attorney and Mark Cuban Chair to Eliminate Stupid Patents
- Jon Zieger, General Counsel at Stripe
- Kate Doerksen, CEO and Cofounder of DITTO
- Peter Pappas, Former Chief of Staff of the USPTO, Engine Senior Fellow
- Adi Kamdar (moderator), EFF Activist
Inquiries to email@example.com