We've grouped our recipes into the following areas:
- Accepting payments
- Managing recurring payments
- Building a marketplace
- Account management and reporting
- Managing notifications
If you're new to Stripe, you may want to start with the Switching Your Integration to Stripe recipe instead.
Although the recipes below cover some specific business models, you may find they have practical knowledge that you can apply to your own Stripe integration.
Collect your customers' payment information easily and securely on the web using Checkout or Stripe.js and Elements, or in a mobile app—charges are then created server-side. These recipes walk through how to further customize the payment process with additional features.
- Supporting a variable amount in Checkout: Add a field to your payments page that enables users to specify the amount to be charged.
- Handling customer card updates on your website: Use Checkout and a PHP script to collect and update card details for your customers.
- Implementing your own coupon system for standalone charges: Create a coupon system that can adjust the amount sent to Stripe for a one-time charge.
- Building a custom Checkout integration: Retrieve a token with Checkout and manually send it to the back end with the W3C Fetch API.
Managing recurring payments
Recurring and subscription-based billing is made easy with subscriptions.
- Building a subscription signup form: Create a subscription signup form using Checkout, and use the Stripe API to complete the signup process.
Building a marketplace
Whether you're building an e-commerce platform or an on-demand app, you can use Connect to onboard your sellers and get them paid. Each recipe explains how to use Connect for a different type of business model.
- Crowdfunding platform: Build a crowdfunding platform that collects payment information from campaign backers, performing the actual charge when the campaign achieves its funding goal.
- Store builder: Set up your own e-commerce website platform so your users can create their own online stores.
- On-demand app: Provide services to your customers using contractors, who are paid through your platform.
Account management and reporting
Effectively manage your Stripe account, and build tools to analyze real-time activity.
- Generating custom reports: Build your own custom reporting tool using the Stripe API.
Your server can automatically receive notifications about events that happen in a Stripe account using webhooks.
- Sending emails for failed payments: Watch for account-related events using webhooks and keep your customers notified of any problems with their subscription billing.
- Handling identity verification notifications for Connect Custom accounts: Create a webhook service that emails Custom account owners whenever identity verification information is needed.