We've grouped our recipes into the following areas:
- Accepting payments
- Managing recurring payments
- Building a marketplace
- Selling your products on other apps
- Account management and reporting
- Managing notifications
Although the recipes below cover some specific business models, you may find they have practical knowledge that you can apply to your own Stripe integration.
Collect your customers’ payment information easily and securely on the web using Checkout or Stripe.js, or in a mobile app—charges are then created server-side. These recipes walk through how to further customize the payment process with additional features.
- Supporting a variable amount in Checkout: Add a field to your payments page that enables users to specify the amount to be charged.
- Handling customer card updates on your website: Use Checkout and a PHP script to collect and update card details for your customers.
- Implementing your own coupon system for standalone charges: Create a coupon system that can adjust the amount sent to Stripe for a one-time charge.
Managing recurring payments
Recurring and subscription-based billing is made easy with subscriptions.
- Building a subscription signup form: Create a subscription signup form using Checkout, and use the Stripe API to complete the signup process.
Building a marketplace
Whether you’re building a platform that needs to get sellers paid or building applications to do more with Stripe data, you can use Connect. Each recipe explains how to use Connect for a different type of business model.
- Analytics service: Create a platform that provides analytical information to your users about their Stripe account.
- Store builder: Set up your own e-commerce website platform so your users can create their own online stores.
- On-demand app: Provide services to your customers using contractors, who are paid through your platform.
Selling your products on other apps
Expand your reach by selling your products directly within your customers’ favorite apps like Twitter or ShopStyle using Relay.
Account management and reporting
Effectively manage your Stripe account, and build tools to analyze real-time activity.
- Generating custom reports: Build your own custom reporting tool using the Stripe API.
Your server can automatically receive notifications about events that happen in a Stripe account using webhooks.
- Sending emails for failed payments: Watch for account-related events using webhooks and keep your customers notified of any problems with their subscription billing.
- Handling identity verification notifications for Connect managed accounts: Create a webhook service that emails managed account owners whenever identity verification information is needed.