We categorize payment methods into seven families. Each family has similar features, a single integration, and common checkout experiences.
Choose the payment method families according to the order workflow most adapted to your use case.
|Family||Pay on acceptance||Pay on delivery||Pay on due date|
|Buy now pay later|
Below are some additional guidelines for adapting your payment integration to your workflows.
Pay on acceptance
For cards, set the value of capture_method option to
manual when completing the PaymentIntent to authorize only. The connector captures the funds automatically as soon as all sellers have accepted or refused their respective orders. The orders must be accepted or refused within 7 days, the validity period of an authorization.
Because the payment confirmation is immediate for bank redirects, buy now pay later, and wallets, we recommend setting up your orders to be accepted automatically and using refunds when sellers can’t fulfill their order.
Pay on delivery
For cards, you can authorize only during checkout if you have business rules in place to capture the payment within 7 days. Otherwise, save the card at checkout and authorize later.
For bank debits, you can save the bank account at checkout and initiate the payment after the seller accepts their order.
Pay on due date
To handle the payment validation of your Mirakl orders, you can rely on the built-in job or call the PA01 API yourself if you have specific needs such as offering coupons.
To enable the built-in job, you have to first map the Mirakl order with the successful Charge by updating the metadata:
curl https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges/ch_1Hmloy2eZvKYlo2C2Tx3W00V \ -u: \ -d "metadata[mirakl_order_id]"=123sk_test_4eC39HqLyjWDarjtT1zdp7dc
The workflow starts when a seller accepts their logistic order.
- The payment validation job fetches newly accepted Mirakl orders.
- The connector validates the payment in Mirakl.
- For cards, the payment is captured when all the logistic orders are accepted or refused.
The workflow starts when the payment is validated on Mirakl and captured on Stripe.
- The payment split job fetches newly validated Mirakl orders.
- The connector transfers the order amount to the seller after deducting your commission.
The workflow starts when you request a refund on a Mirakl order.
- The payment refund job fetches newly refunded Mirakl orders.
- The connector creates a refund on Stripe, validates the refund on Mirakl, and then reverses the transfer used to split the payment.