- Go to Sales > Orders to find the order you would like to refund.
- If the module is configured in Authorize Only mode, the only action you need to take is to press the Cancel button at the top of the page. However, if the module is configured in Authorize and Capture mode, proceed to the next step.
- From the left sidebar, click Invoices, then click on the invoice to refund it.
- At the top right-hand corner, click Credit Memo.
- Adjust the amount (if necessary) and click Refund at the bottom of the page to perform a live refund. If you click Refund Offline, the refund will only be issued in Magento but not in Stripe.
- For a partial refund, you can adjust the Adjustment Fee. The amount you enter here is the amount that will not be refunded. In the screenshot above, when the adjustment fee is $10, then $53.87 will be refunded and $10 will be kept as a fee. You can ignore the Adjustment Refund field because Stripe will not refund an amount that is greater than the original payment of the customer.
The amount should now be fully or partially refunded in Stripe and a note appears in the Comments History of the order.
Capturing Authorized Only payments for invoices
When the module performs an authorization for an order, the customer’s bank authorizes the order amount in their account so that it cannot be spent elsewhere. The actual transfer of funds does not happen until it is captured), so the customer won’t see the payment in their bank statement. However, their available balance will be reduced and they won’t be able to spend that amount even if they have the funds in their bank account.
When the merchant ships the product, they can manually capture the payment through the Magento Admin Panel by following these steps:
- Go to Sales > Orders.
- Find the order that you want to capture a payment for.
- Click Invoice.
- If you need to issue a partial invoice, adjust the invoice items as shown in the screenshot. The item quantity can only be reduced, not increased.
- Click Submit Invoice to capture and finalize the payment.
After clicking Submit Invoice, you can see the transferred funds from the Stripe Dashboard.
You can create an order and charge a customer’s card with details that you have received over the phone directly from the Magento Admin Panel.
This is also known as a Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO). To create a MOTO order:
- Go to Sales > Orders.
- At the top right hand side, click Create New Order.
- Choose a customer, the store, and any products for that order.
- Select a shipping method (if applicable) before filling in payment details.
- When you’re ready to submit the order, fill in card details as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Submit Order.
If the module is configured in Authorize and Capture mode, then the customer’s card will immediately be charged. However, if the module is configured in Authorize Only mode, you must also capture the payment by manually creating an invoice.
Learn more about how to install and configure the module:
Was this page helpful?