Accessing data on a Financial Connections account generally entails these steps:
- Your Link Accounts button (client-side). Insert a button or link in your website or application, which allows your user to link their external accounts—for example, your button or link could say: Link your bank account.
- Financial Connections Session (server-side). Create a Financial Connections Session which launches the authentication flow, the client-side Stripe.js UI that lets your users link their accounts. Use the
permissionsparameter to specify the data you want to access from the array, specifically
[balances, ownership, payment_method, transactions]. After an account is linked, you can access only the data requested.
- Authentication flow (client-side). Your user links their accounts to your business through the authentication flow, the client-side Stripe.js UI. Your user can also see the data you’ve requested to access.
- Financial Connections Account (server-side). After your user successfully links their accounts, the Financial Connections Session returns with a Financial Connections account.
- Retrieve Account Data (server-side). After a Financial Connections account is created, optionally retrieve account data requested by calling the balances, ownership or transactions endpoints of the Financial Connections API.