Events are our way of letting you know when something interesting happens in your account. When an event occurs, we create a new Event object. The steps on this page describe how to setup a webhooks listener on your local machine.
Add a local listener
Use the following steps to listen for events sent to the webhook endpoint on your local server. By default, the code sample on the local listener setup page parses the
payment_intent.succeeded event object payload, and returns a
- Open the Webhooks page.
- Click Add local listener.
- Select your programming language (top right) on the Listen to Stripe events setup page.
- Copy the sample code locally, then follow the steps on the setup page.
- Open the Received events tab to see the events received.
Find local listener events
Use these steps to find the event object payloads.
- Open the Events page, then select an event.
- Select a device name in Webhook CLI responses.