This guide shows you how to configure a Connect multiparty payments integration where your platform determines payment fees and collects them from your connected accounts using platform pricing tools. Stripe assesses our fees directly to your platform, not to your connected accounts.
When designing your integration, you have several options:
- Onboarding UI:
- Hosted: Directs accounts to onboard through a Stripe-hosted onboarding flow.
- Embedded: You integrate the onboarding flow directly into your platform UI.
- Account dashboard UI:
- Stripe: Your accounts use the Stripe Dashboard.
- None: You build a custom dashboard using Embedded components in your platform UI. To use embedded account dashboards, you must also use embedded onboarding.
- Risk ownership and loss liability:
- Stripe: Stripe manages risk and takes responsibility for negative balances on your connected accounts.
- Platform: You manage risk and take responsibility for negative balances on your connected accounts. To use platform liability, you must also use Stripe account Dashboards.
These integration options are most suitable for platforms that enable their connected accounts to accept payments directly. If you’re integrating payments as a marketplace platform, follow the Collect payments then pay out guide.
We’ve built a complete demo site for our fictitious business, Furever, that uses embedded onboarding and embedded account dashboards. Furever is a platform that allows pet groomers to collect payments. In this demo, you can interact with the embedded components that handle account onboarding and management.
Configure a customized integration
Learn how to configure your integration by selecting the applicable options:
Connected account onboarding
In Stripe, connected accounts represent the businesses that pay your platform for its services. When you create a connected account, you must onboard it by collecting and verifying certain information.
Connected account dashboards
Connected accounts can access features through the Stripe Dashboard or through a custom dashboard embedded in your application.
Connected account risk ownership and loss liability
- Register your platform.
- Add business details to activate your account.
- Complete your platform profile.
- Customize your brand settings. Connect onboarding requires that you add a business name, icon, and brand color.