This guide demonstrates how to accept payments from customers and move funds to the bank accounts of your sellers or service providers, without writing code. Use this guide if you:
- Want to accept payments from customers and pay out sellers or service providers without writing code.
- Want to rapidly test product-market fit without coding.
- Are a marketplace that is selling directly to end customers (as opposed to a SaaS platform who is selling software to help others operate their own business).
In this example, we’ll build a marketplace that allows T-shirt artists to sell customized T-shirts. You can use the concepts covered in this guide in other business applications as well.
- Register your platform.
- Add business details to activate your account.
- Complete your platform profile.
- Customize your Connect brand settings on the Connect settings page and customize your Payment Link brand settings on the Checkout Branding settings page.
Because your business interacts directly with your customers, you’re responsible for disputes. Make sure you understand the best practices for responding to them.
To issue a refund, go to the Payments page to identify the specific one you want to refund. Click on the payment and click Refund to issue a refund to the customer.
By default, any funds that you transfer to a connected account accumulate in the connected account’s Stripe balance and are paid out on a daily rolling basis. You can change the payout frequency by going into the connected account’s detail page, clicking the right-most button in the Balance section, and selecting Edit payout schedule.