To enhance customer communication, automatically send subscribers a confirmation email when their subscription is canceled.
Sending the confirmation email doesn’t prevent churn, but it can help to maintain a positive customer relationship and provide an opportunity to gather the cancellation reason, which allows you to further improve your service.
Here’s how you can set the recipe up with automations:
- Click New automation.
- Give the automation a descriptive name, like “Subscription cancellation confirmation.”
- Select the Subscription is canceled as the trigger.
- (Optional) Add a filter condition to restrict the automation by customer segment, subscription product or plan, or subscription amount if desired.
- Select the Send email to customer action.
- Stripe provides a predefined email template for the confirmation email. The email includes the subscription details and confirms the cancellation date. You can optionally include a link to a cancellation reason survey.